2.19.2007

Revolutionary Suicide

One day I suddenly realized I had forgotten, name age sex address race, I had found myself
What is greater than love or hate, I will tell you then,
what is greater than love is the relationship I have with the tip of my finger.

Want me to break it down? I can break it down.
It's a simple concept.

If I define myself as my thumb, I deny myself my fingers.
If I define myself as my fingers, I deny myself my hand.
If I define myself as my hand, I deny myself my arm.
If I define myself as my arm, I deny myself my body.
If I define myself as my body, I deny myself my universe.
I diminish myself.

I do not know enough about myself, because you do not know
enough about yourself, would you help me know?
I met someone and he was a part of myself that I did not appreciate.
It is not that our ego is too large; the problem is that our ego is too small.
Love is more constant than light.

I heard god call, I got my gun and waited.
When he appeared, I realized and took the gun from my head.

By having no family I have inherited the family of humanity.
By having no possessions I have possessed all.
By rejecting the love of one I have received the love of all.
By surrendering my life to the revolution I have found eternal life.
Revolutionary suicide.
Huey P. Newton
Este poema me gusta mucho quizá porque siento que uno se debe entregar incondicialmente a la lucha para lograr que otro mundo sea posible.

No comments: